From a family business to a prestigious business Group
Jofemar Corporation was founded in 1971 as a result of a personal and innovative initiative spearheaded by Félix Guindulain Vidondo, current President of the company. His self-taught abilities, strength and enterprising, innovative spirit allowed him to stay ahead of the times, marking the beginning of a string of successes.
Under the initial name of Moratiel, Jofemar Corporation (whose acronym comes from its founders' initials), started its activity in a small garage in Peralta as a company specialised in electrolytic baths and surface treatments. Thanks to his courage, farsightedness and his firm commitment to innovation and diversification as a tool for learning and, therefore, growth, Jofemar has turned into a prestigious business group. Nowadays, the Corporation focuses its activities in five different areas: vending, energy, electric vehicles, health and services, and is positioned as a worldwide leader in development and implementation of technological solutions for the vending sector.
Jofemar's industrial facilities, currently covering over 52,000 square metres, are an important part of Peralta's urban landscape, and although everyone already knows who we are, only a few know the true significance of what lies behind this big "J".
Although the Group has continued launching new cutting-edge products, if anything characterizes these years is diversification into new sectors and the greater, if possible, commitment to innovation and sustainability.
2015New corporate identity, business lines and innovative products
• Launch of the new corporate identity of Jofemar Corporation and new business lines: Jofemar Energy, Jofemar Health y Jofemar Global services.
• Launch of the APS Premium Shop, an innovative concept for automated dispensing of high-end products. It stands out for its modularity, versatility and interactivity. It joins together a unique, luxurious and inspiring design with cutting-edge technologies developed and patented by Jofemar.
• Jofemar’s entry in the shareholding of Imersivo with a share of 22.22%.
2014The Era of energy and energy effiency
• Launch of Factory Microgrid and Flow Grid European projects to improve energy efficiency in industrial environments and to develop innovative energy storage systems, respectively.
• Launch of the Bluetec ranges for tobacco and coffee, featuring of touch-screens for product selection and an innovative, elegant design.
• Launch of the BT11 banknote reader.
• Along with Sodena, Sociedad de Desarrollo de Navarra, the majority shareholding interest is acquired in the Tudela-based company Futura Acorp, specialised in the development, implementation, management and maintenance of auto-purchase systems in modern catering known as "smartkiosks".
2012New adaptations and customizations
• Jofemar launches a new model for management of vending machines and engages in projects such as the adaptation of its machines for the supply of other kind of products like 3D glasses at cinemas or Personal Protection Equipment dispensing.
• Opening of the electrochemical laboratory at Jofemar’s hedquarters.
• Begins the development of rechargeable zinc-bromide redox flow batteries.
• Launch of different products, among which they highlight the innovative Vision Big-Box tobacco machine, fitted to dispense entire cartons, loose packs, fine-cut rolling tobacco or any other kind of packaged tobacco; the recharging terminals for J130 and J300 card and key readers, or the new plastic coin return model.
• Launch of two new coffee lines, the Coffeemar G546 and G535, which feature a system that allows management of up to two vending machines of the Vision range.
Due to the economic and social changes that the Euro's arrival brought with it, the consolidation and settling of the Group's expansion programme or the presentation of the first machine powered by an hydrogen battery, this period is the ultimate confirmation of the flexibility and adaptive ability of the Jofemar Corporation since 1971.
2010J2000 coin mechanism, at the fore
The 500,000dth unit of the J2000 coin mechanism is manufactured in Peralta.
2009New areas of activity: electric mobility
Jofemar creates Hidronew XXII, the Corporation’s division specialising in the design and implementation of innovative electrical mobility systems, and the legal permits for driving the first Hidronew electric vehicle are obtained.
2008To the beat of times
Jofemar presents the “Vision H2”, the first vending machine powered by a hydrogen battery, at the American show NAMA. It operates functions with complete autonomy without connection to the electrical network.
2006Jofemar reaches the UK
• Jofemar purchases the distributor Star Venders and creates Jofemar UK.
• Launch of the J130, the most complete cashless payment system, which stands out for its effective users’ management, simplicity of operation and reliability.
2005The most flexible vending
Launch of the Vision range. Designed to vend snacks and other products, it features EasyFlex, a unique flexible extraction system which eliminates the machines' traditional coil springs.
2004Modernisation and expansion
• New extension of Peralta’s industrial facilities. This modernisation allows different processes to be outsourced so the work in the factory focuses on end assembly and verification.
• In 2004, the GOURMET machine was launched, featuring a microwave ovens detached column that cooks, in the same machine, any kind of pre-cooked meals, hamburgers or pizza, in addition to advanced mechanics and maximum versatility.
2003Launch of the Coffeemar range of hot beverages machines
Launch of the Coffeemar range of hot beverages machines.
2002New business lines
• Opening of Jofemar France.
• Launch of Cava 7, an innovative solution for the automatic dispensing of cigars.
• The BT 10 banknote reader is presented, with an overall capacity for up to 210 banknotes.
• Launch of the Hooper and the T12 payment system, which featured the latest electronic technology in terms of coin recognition, selection and classification.
2000Growth and internationalization
• Opening of the Jofemar USA commercial subsidiary in Miami in August of 2000.
• Establishment of Sentil, the Group's operator. Supported by Jofemar's technologically advanced machines and payment systems, it begins to operate vending machines in different sectors throughout Spain with offices in Peralta, Valencia, Sevilla, Gijón, A Coruña, Madrid and Barcelona.
The well-known experience and the business volume that the company had in those years triggered several internal business changes that would shape the corporate structure as we know today and which lead to the development of an increasingly comprehensive and customized range of products. Always innovating in order to keep on growing.
1999New solutions: ice-cream vending machines
Far from the traditional models for tobacco or cold drinks, Jofemar develops the ICEPLUS, a model designed for automated dispensing and sale of ice creams and frozen products.
1998New Goya range for tobacco
Launch of the Goya range of tobacco machines. Featured distributed electronics and advanced microprocessors that allowed eliminating most of the wiring.
1997Flexibility and reliability in payments, Jofemar warranty
• The first five-tube coin mechanism of the market, the J2000, begins to be marketed. Capable of administering return of up to five different coin values, it means a qualitative leap in payment management.
• The T11 also appears, which, together with the J2000, helped in an effective implementation of the euro in the vending sector.
1996Multiplus, the first machine with soft delivery elevator and detection photocells system
• Launch of the MULTIPLUS model, the first multi-product machine with soft delivery elevator and correct vend detection photocells. Represents a qualitative leap with respect to its competitors. Features an advanced microprocessor- based controller and advanced optoelectronic sensors to guarantee optimal monitoring of the product as well as efficient and reliable performance.
• Development and launch of the T10 and the first Jofemar card reader, the J100.
Launch of the Polar and City models for cold drinks and the Snack range (Super Snack y Snack 13), specifically designed to vend small food items. (Super Snack y Snack 13).
After several years of hard work and research, Jofemar begins to develop and sell its first machines and develops the first electronic coin validator on the market.
1989New models and payment systems
• The EXPO range is developed, the first machine to introduce an LCD graphic screen with 4 keys instead of the traditional direct selection buttons, and the Duna, its version with buttons.
• Development of the F12 and F12S systems for sale at four different prices and change return with three coin values. These are the precursors to the current innovative coin mechanisms. With these payment systems, Jofemar became the most technologically advanced manufacturer of the sector, since they optimized the space/capacity ratio and introduced an innovative internal display that allows to show the system's entire programming process.
1988The first Jofemar payment systems
Jofemar develops its own integrated custom-built circuits and the exclusive JS3, the only self-reloading coin validator in the market.
1986, 1987Product innovation
• Launch of the first cold beverages machine, the F170.
• Launch of the first tobacco machine, Gala, the first in the market with voice synthesis using digitalization, digital clock and hourly and model control functions.
1985New launches and corporate restructuring
• Jofemar develops the first wall machine, named Líder 6.
• COMAVE S.A changes its name to JOFEMAR COMERCIAL S.A, division of the Group dedicated to national distribution and sale of Jofemar products.
1984Jofemar: burst of innovation
Jofemar develops the first electronic coin validator, the JL7, solving the problem of calibration for a multi-coin validator thanks to the application of computerised and electronic procedures. It allows recognition and memorisation of a wider variety of coin values and guarantees maximum reliability.
Development of the first vending machine managed by a microprocessor, Vendecor. It featured an electronic card for the management of all the mechanisms, an automated extraction system through an internal reel that dispensed tobacco without any efforts, as well as an internal tube in the channel which allowed automatic change return.
1982The precursor of the automatic delivery system was born
Electronic card-operated tobacco machines begun to be manufactured and the first Jofemar vending machine is launched. This model, Six Vend, is the precursor to the automatic tobacco delivery system and it mechanically dispenses cigarettes.
1981The first Jofemar machines
• Jofemar begins production of its first machines, among which we can find the Higiemat, Ven Profix and Androtex.
• COMAVE S.A. is created. The company embarks on the manufacture, assembly and sale of mechanized components and in-house automatic, mechanical and electrical mechanisms for their application in the industry.
The visionary and entrepreneur Félix Guindulain Vidondo, current president of the company, decides to invest in a new business: his, that of his family, which today is not only an important business group, but an immense heritage. A family project that thanks to his efforts and innovation would bear fruit soon.
1980New Jofemar premises
First extension of the installations, up to 3,000 m2. The headquarters are transferred from the town to the current industrial facilities on the Marcilla Motorway.
1977First industrial assembly operations
Beginning of preliminary assemblies of innovative electronic components that dynamized and reinforce the Group.
Jofemar is born. In an industrial space barely over 200 square metres, current President of the Corporation begins operations for zinc plating, chroming, gilding, silver plating and, generally, surface treatments of all kinds of components and elements using electrolytic baths.
For more than 40 years Jofemar has been working in a process of continuous improvement to offer society and its customers the most innovative products thanks to the implementation of state-of-the-art technologies. Something reflected in the company’s mission, vision and values and that allows us to meet the challenges of a changing market.